Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
- Utilize a human-centered design (HCD) approach to gather user requirements and build application workflows while providing mockups for complex business processes.
- Create detailed UI wireframes as well as low and high-fidelity mockups for effectively communicating product design requirements.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Developing UI prototypes as well as micro-interactions for illustrating interface functionality.
- Provide an intuitive and scalable design system towards project components.
- Maintaining best practices towards responsive design and accessible interfaces.
- Ensure designs are consistent and meet 508 compliancy within government sector.
- Evaluate and optimize effective user experiences within new and existing applications.
- Plan and execute usability research using a variety of research methods and techniques.
- Conduct both A/B testing and user testing towards applications, software, and websites.
- Participating in multiple stages of a design project including research, inspiration gathering, content strategizing, concept development, and user testing.
- Solve design problems while collaborating with developers and department leads.
- Prepare and present design concepts to internal team as well as client facing stakeholders.
- Advise recommendations to product owners, development teams and other designers based upon user feedback cycles.
- A digital portfolio that showcases your skills or relevant projects towards UI and UX design.
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a UI or UX Designer.
- 4+ years working with UX and wireframe tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, InVision Studio or similar software.
- Expertise within usability testing tools such as dovetail, hotjar, lookback, or similar software.
- Must be able to use design software/tools including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge and understating of front-end languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Experience with a CMS (content management system) such as Webflow, Drupal, WordPress or similar.
- Great attention to visual details in regards of consistency across color, contrast, size, spacing etc.
- Experience working collaboratively with project teams relating to design, user experience, or product management.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills so that you can effectively communicate and passionately defend decisions both internally and with clients.
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”).
- Detail-oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction.
- Have an open mind to learning new systems, skill sets and practices.
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (as approved by the SBA https://maps.certify.sba.gov/).
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder.