Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
You will be responsible for coordinating the writing and communication efforts of a division (called a “branch”) of the Chief Information Office (CIO) of the US Forest Service. We have a growing portfolio of applications and infrastructure services under our management and have been supporting them for over 15 years. This position will serve as key resource on the team, ensuring that your branch knows ‘how work is done’ and communicating the progress and successes to the larger Forest Service community. This is a hands-on consulting role, combining writing, communication, and consulting efforts.
As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for the planning, researching, outlining, and writing of end-user documentation including all user manuals, technical manuals/documents, directives, policies, and infrastructure documentation directly supporting the efforts of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
· Manage communication-related efforts for teams within the Forest Service CIO; these include newsletters, announcements, meetings, and organizational updates
· Support the development of processes, standards, and policies for use within the CIO
· Develop knowledge management documentation pertaining to the applications and work with service desk personal to incorporate in self-help and tiered support personnel
· Work with IT groups to describe and document systems or products that have been developed or are in the process of being developed
· Conducts research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation and by gleaning information from the system or product being documented
· Develops an understanding of the requirements for the features being documented, including target audience
· Create visuals that aid the target audience in understanding the documented material. Provides input concerning design and wording of messages
· Designs and writes documentation on selected media. Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Rolls up components into one document
· Works with technical resources to improve document quality and usability
· Tracks and corrects documentation defects
· Follows the documentation project through to completion, including client signoff, production and archival
· Develops and updates documentation standards, templates and procedures
· Provides coaching and guidance to junior members
The ideal candidate for the Senior Technical Writer position will possess the following:
· 7+ years technical writing expertise is required
· 6+ years of experience required for providing expertise and guidance in the use of database management systems including: design, implementation, and maintainance of databases with respect to access methods and time, device allocation, validation checks, file organization, protection documentation, statistical methods.
· 6+ years of experience required establishing procedures for operations of the database and database management systems, collection of data elements and preparation of database specifications including: developoment, maintenance and controls for the data dictionary.
· 1+ year experience with supporting proposal response efforts
· Prior Information Technology process, policy, & standards development
· Experience creating the materials, organizing the meeting, and giving presentations to large groups
· Self-starter that can work with limited supervision
· Technical aptitude and experience with technical consulting efforts
· Ability to understand and document technical topics in a way that is easy for non-technical audiences to understand
· Ability to interview and extract information from technical subject matter experts and then document the information to share with others
· Experience working with agile application development and/or cloud services is a plus
· Working knowledge of government contract, GSA and FAR is a plus
· Ability to work with a team on a daily basis
· Preferred – experience on US Federal Government projects with understanding of SDLC
· Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
· Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
· Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.