Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
As a Geospatial Architect, you will be responsible for directly supporting the efforts of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). The U.S. Forest Service is one of the largest users of geospatial data on the planet. We need someone to help guide and drive the next generation of geospatial services and architecture.
Our team will work with stakeholders in an agile Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) environment toward accomplishment of the goals and objectives of a multi-year IT Strategic Plan and Technical Roadmap. They will play a key role in multiple stages of the Agency IT solution lifecycle from Ideation through Service Delivery and Operations.
The CTO Senior Geospatial Architect analyzes user requirements, existing business workflows, policies, regulations and statutes to design GIS-based solutions and workflows.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Determine project objectives by analyzing user needs through consultation with end users, technicians, analysts, management, and vendors
- Review available hardware and/or software tools to choose appropriate implementation platform
- Design GIS products and services to meet on going and ad hoc business and information needs
- Participate in the design and development of GIS applications and tools to automate processes and facilitate analyses and reporting
- Research alternatives and recommend appropriate, cost-effective technology solutions
- Participate in the design, development, integration and maintenance of GIS database architectures, data layers and databases
- Perform highly complex analytical projects, including spatial and other analyses and forecast modeling
- Analyze, research, develop, implement, and maintain processes for enhancing the utilization of GIS technologies and solutions
- Work with staff in the planning, design, development, configuration, testing, implementation and maintenance of large-scale GIS applications and web portals, backend processing modules and associated data layers and databases
- Analyze and evaluate technology solutions to ensure their consistency and integration with technology standards
- Participate in developing enterprise GIS policies, standards, and procedures
- Serve as an expert resource and provide advice on complex GIS technical issues
The ideal candidate for the Solutions Architect position will possess the following:
- 7+ years proven experience developing and managing Geospatial Applications
- 7+ years GIS/GPS data collection, analysis and validation
- GIS software application development; and or cartographic design
- Certifications (preferred): ESRI Geodata Management Professional; ESRI Enterprise System Design Professional; ESRI ArcGIS Pro-Professional
- Understanding of ArcGIS 10.x ArcObjects library and ArcGIS Pro SDK
- Experience with source control management software, preferably GitHub
- Experience using PostGIS data
- Ability to show points, plots, and polygons pulled from a shared geospatial and tabular database
- Experience with the following:
- SQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- ArcGIS Server REST services
- Safe Software FME
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure environments
- Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated testing is plus
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.