Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
You will be directly supporting the efforts of our team supporting the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of the US Forest Service. You will be responsible for establishing and operating the means and methods through which the CTO program of work is managed. We are seeking a Project Manager that is versed in agile development efforts and design-forward solutions willing to work closely in a team environment doing what it takes to get the job done. Project Manager’s will assign tasks, balance workloads, ensure there is a clear definition and understanding of “done” and track and report on the status of tasks and projects.
This position is not only a typical project management position. It requires the ability to put on a consulting hat, assess the situation, see what is needed, and find a way to get it done. This is not a ‘schedule jockey’ project management position. It also requires the ability to assist with solution architecture – taking new business requests and determining what can be done to meet the business and field needs. Research into the potential options, culminating in a path analysis and recommendations, is a regular activity. You will assist the CIO project teams in defining which technology and direction should be for specific business needs.
This position will also be supporting the standup and growth of the office of the CTO. Developing standards, templates, and best practices will be essential for our team and the CTO to scale their work capacity in support of the Forest Service mission. This is a hands-on consulting role, combining both oversight and project work.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Coordinating project activities across a wide range of activities.
- Driving team activities, determining progress, and communicating what is needed.
- Monitoring project progress through workflow boards
- Provides technical support in systems analysis and design for ongoing projects
- Prepares briefing reports and presentations materials. Provides technical briefings on projects as directed by the staff
- Manages project schedules, issues, and risks using industry-standard methodologies
- Writes functional specifications, project plans, and other application project documents.
- Supports staff in reviews and audits of CTO programs and projects.
- Participates in various project conference calls and meetings
- Supports the development of project methodology and artifacts
- Assists in the review and documentation of IT service, process, and technical standards
The ideal candidate for the Project Manager position will possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience working as a project manager for information technology projects
- Self-starter that can jump in and help figure things out
- Highly organized with an ability to bring order to a “fire hose” of ideas and activity
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across project teams
- Ability to learn new technology and technical products to increase technical skills and expertise
- Mastery of MS Office applications to including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with application design approaches, including human-centered design (HCD)
- Demonstrated ability to digest complex issues, assess various options, and create recommended paths for solutions and services
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics with senior leaders in an organization
- Demonstrated understanding of technical issues pertaining to enterprise scalability, economies of scale, and their impacts on total costs of ownership (TCO) in very large deployments.
- Required – Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred – Scrum Master certification
- Preferred – Experience with Technology Business Management (TBM)-based cost estimation and accounting
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.