Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
- Responsible for processing multi state payroll
- Review, evaluate and assess the accuracy of payroll and tax documents.
- Audit and balance payroll register prior to submission for accuracy of employee paychecks.
- Process and enter new hire data into system.
- Process employee expense reports, bonuses, commission, and garnishments
- Knowledge on benefits offered and ability to answer employee questions.
- Responsible for ensuring federal and state payroll reposts (monthly, quarterly, and annually) are filed timely and accurately coordinating with payroll provider as necessary.
- Reconcile general ledger payroll accounts monthly.
- Work with Controller on payroll forecasting
- Set up state and local tax registrations as needed.
- Assist in workers compensation audits.
- Maintain confidentially in handling payroll and other accounting related tasks.
- Assist with other accounting related functions as need including contract management and accounts payable.
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment, while multitasking when meeting deadlines
- 3+ years’ experience including Federal Wage and Hour laws, multi-state payroll environment, payroll taxes, direct deposit, online banking, adjustments, garnishments, and year end processing
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online Payroll.
- Experience with multistate taxation laws and regulations.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls.
- Utilize knowledge of various payroll software applications, benefits enrollment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to be proactive and take initiative, including performance of duties exercising independent judgment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex payroll processing and employee issues
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.