Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
· Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
· Participate and drive in the redesign of government applications using modern web development technologies and techniques
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
· 3+ year of experience with REST API development
· 2+ year of experience in mobile-first responsive Frontend Development
· Proficient with Git and GitHub
· 3+ years of experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
· Experience with Section 508 accessibility
· Experience implementing OWASP security best practices
· Experience with AWS Cloud architecture
· Experience with cloud object storage (i.e. AWS S3)
· Experience with CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline)
· Proficient in building in responsive design frameworks (USWDS, Bootstrap, etc.)
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
· Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
· Familiarity with continuous integration and automated testing is plus
· Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
· Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
· Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
· Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
· Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
· Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.