Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
- Work with engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence and integration with agile development processes.
- Responsible for designing, creating, documenting, deploying and managing the organization’s data architecture
- Responsible for developing strategies for database implementation and data storage, acquisition and recovery
- Responsible for proposing and leading the implementation of data security solutions
- Responsible for proposing and evaluating multiple design alternatives and recommending the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Engages the client organization, manages key stakeholders, and fosters relationships to develop a deep and thorough understanding of the enterprise
- Works closely, leads and coordinates with additional members of the technical leadership and all other program teams
- 7+ years’ experience developing data management solutions and strategy across a range of industry, client and technologies
- 2+ years’ experience working with AWS Aurora, RDS, PostgreSQL, Oracle databases.
- 1+ year experience in database migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years’ hands-on skills in logical and physical data modeling, database management, data replication, data warehousing and ETL
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in relational databases, including Oracle and preferably PostgreSQL, and light mobile databases, such as SQLite
- 2+ years’ experience in database optimization and SQL query tuning
- 2+ years’ experience in 3-tier software architecture implementation, REST architectural style, SOAP protocol and HTTP, JSON and XML standards
- 2+ years’ experience in NoSQL databases and document stores, such as ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust per federal contract requirement
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQLite databases.
- Experience with Cloud implementation or migration.
- Expertise in MuleSoft (Any Point Studio development and troubleshooting)
- Experience working with AWS connector to MuleSoft.
- Experience in writing Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) workflows for large and complex geospatial and tabular datasets.
- Experience in supporting mobile applications with AWS backend.
- Deep knowledge in Data Integration, Data Quality, Metadata Management and understanding objectives.
- Strong SQL knowledge for PostgreSQL and Oracle Databases.
- Expertise in implementing transactional, Geospatial and dimensional model design patterns
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex & changing data infrastructure.
- Experience developing data management strategies, policies, processes, and best practices.
- Strong communication skills with excellent track record of working with agile teams.
- Hands on experience with decomposing tightly coupled databases in to separate databases.
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder