Are you passionate about technology and delivering solutions that impact our nation’s most beautiful, iconic, and cherished resources? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Cloud Engineer with ArcGIS Enterprise Administration Experience to join a talented, tight-knit, and rapidly growing team supporting the U.S. Forest Service!
At Cynerge, our work assists the U.S. Forest Service in its mission to manage and preserve our nation’s forests and grasslands. Our solutions have supported a range of teams and personnel, from researchers in the Rockies to the smokejumpers, a highly specialized team of skydiving firefighters, and the app dev and infrastructure teams behind the scenes. We’ve successfully delivered DevSecOps at scale, pioneered the use of automation and CI/CD, and are actively migrating a portfolio of more than 80 applications to more available and accessible cloud environments.
We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with its own coffee shop, wine cellar, and attached bar and restaurant. We pride ourselves on a near-zero turnover rate and strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment that is fun, collaborative, creative, and encourages personal and professional growth.
As a ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for directly supporting the efforts of the U.S. Forest Service, which is one of the largest users of geospatial data on the planet. We need someone to help guide and drive the next generation of geospatial services and architecture.
The ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Engineer will drive the modernization and deployment of geospatial software to the cloud.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Architect, deliver, and support production geospatial ArcGIS Enterprise infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise to modernize and migrate geospatial applications from on-premises to cloud
- Write infrastructure as code (IaC) that will automate the management of infrastructure environments
- Support containerization of applications
- Design, build, and manage automated test frameworks and scripts that support a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) approach for application and infrastructure code
- Help our operations team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Deliver training, coaching, and support for engineering teams on cloud and geospatial technologies
- Document infrastructure processes and procedures
- Participate in team code reviews and design reviews
- 5+ years in a cloud engineering role
- 3+ years experience supporting geospatial (GIS) software (e.g., ArcGIS Enterprise)
- Experience working with containers in production
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or GCP environments (Azure preferred)
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Git, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred – Cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect)
- Preferred – Kubernetes experience
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder