Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
As a Junior Cloud Business Analyst, you will work with the USFS to provide direction and guidance for cost analysis leading to cost saving for the USFS, data center hosting services. You will be expected to deliver expertise and best practices related to analysis of IT systems and hosting solutions on a broad scale. This is a hands-on consulting role, combining writing, communication, and consulting efforts.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Provide supply chain and financial analytical consultation on current role/future project in the areas of application hosting, storage, software, cloud computing, network and other relevant programs.
- Evaluate usage levels, roadmap, and contracts for cost optimization recommendations.
- Be a team member working with other teams across the CIO to gather information.
- Conduct cost analysis, business case assessments, financial tracking, and review of ideas/
- Conduct proactive and consistent research in designated domains to identify process improvement opportunities for cost savings.
- Analyze the IT supply chain for cloud computing and find ways to obtain cost saving or avoidance opportunities in collaboration with cloud architects.
- Organize data into presentable formats including creation of power points and strategy documents.
- Prepare and present cost analysis briefings
- Strong spreadsheet modeling and analysis skills are required
- Strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess the following:
- 2+ years of experience in business process methodology, governance, frameworks, or project management
- Experience in designing business processes that are cross-functional and support enterprise-wide capabilities.
- Competency in Visio and other Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to learn new technology and technical products to increase technical skills and expertise
Experience working with agile application development and/or cloud services is a plus
- Ability to work with a team on a daily basis and cross-collaboratively
- Preferred – experience with Technology Business Management (TBM) and TBM towers
- Preferred – experience with supply chain analysis
- Preferred – experience on US Federal Government projects with understanding of SDLC
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.