Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
As a Data Integration Architect, you will perform advanced highly complex (senior-level) data analysis and data architecture work that involves data modeling; implementing and managing database systems, data warehouses, and data analytics; and designing strategies and setting standards for operations, programming, and security; all in effort to directly support the efforts of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). Our team will work with stakeholders in an agile Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) environment toward accomplishment of the goals and objectives of a multi-year IT Strategic Plan and Technical Roadmap. They will play a key role in multiple stages of the Agency IT solution lifecycle from Ideation through Service Delivery and Operations.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Determines database requirements by analyzing business operations, applications, and programming; reviewing business objectives; and evaluating current systems
- Obtaining data model requirements, develops and implements data models for new projects, and maintains existing data models and data architectures
- Develops data structures for data warehouses and initiatives
- Supports data analytics and business intelligence systems
- Designs database changes to support new and modified applications, and ensures new designs conform to data standards and guidelines; are consistent, normalized, and perform as required; and are secure from unauthorized access or update
- Provides guidelines on creating data models and various standards relating to governed data
- Reviews changes to technical and business metadata, realizing their impacts on enterprise application, and ensures the impacts are communicated to appropriate parties
- Establishes measures to chart progress related to the completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information; to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data; and to improve data quality
- Assists in selecting data management tools and developing the standards, usage guidelines, and procedures for using those tools
- Assists in identifying appropriate data sourcing and extraction processes, and in identifying and nominating sources. As systems of record for data usage in various application
- Assists in performing root cause analyses related to information issues and. Non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems
The ideal candidate for the Senior Data Integration Architect position will possess the following:
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise data architecture including design of master data, metadata, reference data, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- 5+ years of design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions
- 5+ years of conduct of data requirements gathering sessions focused on data object mapping, data transformation and planning
- 5+ years of Development of conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
- Creation and maintenance of current and target-state data architectures
- Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
- Preferred – Experience using Mulesoft
- Preferred – Experience sharing transactional and geospatial data across cloud and on prem
- Preferred – One or more of the following or equivalent:
- AWS Certified Data Analytics
- Data Science Council of America (DASCA) – Senior Big Data Engineer
- Google Professional Data Engineer
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.