Looking for a great opportunity with a growing, locally owned company? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Container Engineer! We are looking for someone that embraces our dynamic nature and wants to take their career to the next level. We strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment where collaboration, teamwork, growth, and creativity are rewarded.
For more than 15 years, Cynerge Consulting has helped clients in the private and federal sectors by designing and developing digital products and business solutions to improve their operations and services. From application development services to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software so organizations can better respond and compete in a rapidly digitizing economy.
Our team works hard and is passionate about what we do. We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with our own coffee shop and wine cellar. Cynerge is currently seeking an Container Engineer to help make our team more effective. Our ideal candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
As a Senior Business Analyst/Process Architect you will work with the USFS internal IT customers and end-users to document as-is business processes and design to be processes that integrate new technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness. You will analyze and develop solutions that facilitate continuous productivity, capacity and quality improvement across their assigned program area or technology dimension. We have a growing portfolio of applications and infrastructure services under our management and have been supporting them for over 15 years. This position will serve as key resource on the team, ensuring that your branch knows ‘how work is done’ and communicating the progress and successes to the larger Forest Service community. This is a hands-on consulting role, combining writing, communication, and consulting efforts.
Day to day, sample responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Conduct proactive and consistent research in designated domains to identify process improvement opportunities
- Elicit needed business cases with the project team and project owners, defining business outcomes, including key performance indicators, and linking to strategic solutions
- Review, analyze, and evaluate Operational Business Processes and contextualize where opportunities can be realized.
- Work with business partners within one or more business functions to align operational and technology solutions with business strategies
- Work on continuous improvement of processes and technology using operational process mapping to eliminate waste and deliver end-to-end business and technology documentation
- Collaborate with internal Business and Technology Product Owners to shape the scope of needed change for implementation requirements
- Partner with Business Modeling Architecture team, Business Product Owners, Technical Product Owners and Enterprise Architecture team to support initiatives
- Support Line of Business Lead in prioritization and forecasting of roadmap and architecture schedules based on team velocity and Stakeholder requests
- Develop end-to-end architecture models, utilizing the DoDAF framework or BPMN methodology
- Actively participate in architecture reviews (peer and team reviews) to provide constructive criticism and elicit optimal quality and accuracy of architecture deliverables
The ideal candidate for the position will possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience in process management, business process improvement, business process management, or value stream mapping
- 3+ years of experience in business process methodology, governance, frameworks, or project management
- Experience in designing business processes that are cross-functional and support enterprise-wide capabilities
- Competency in Visio and other Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of Business Process Modelling and Business Process Modeling Notation
- Experience working with architecture frameworks- DoDAF, TOGAF, or Zachman
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to learn new technology and technical products to increase technical skills and expertise
Experience working with agile application development and/or cloud services is a plus
- Ability to work with a team on a daily basis and cross-collaboratively
- Preferred – Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- Preferred – experience on US Federal Government projects with understanding of SDLC
- Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
- Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
Other Jobs at Cynerge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on market rates and relevant professional or industry experience.
Enjoy a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
Cynerge offers a simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% for retirement plans. Work with an appointed account manager to shape your retirement strategies.
Forget managing balances of vacation and sick time. Enjoy unlimited paid time off if you’re respectful and meeting your commitments.
We encourage professional development as part of our review process and reimburse for certifications and other training opportunities.
Work From Anywhere
Work from our historic office with its own attached café and bar/restaurant and wine cellar, or virtually from the comfort of your own home.